Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Get Moving in June: My Goals This Month

Made some revisions and changed my outlook on a few things. I am DETERMINED to not let the scale dictate my mood or behavior. I am on a life changing missions and I don't plan to quit until I no longer walk this earth. By then I'll be where I won't have to worry about weight or exercise ever again. Anyway, here are my goals.


Food:
  • Stay within 100-120g protein each day 
  • 1300-1600 calories per day 
  • 35g fiber, 
  • 3-5 fruits and veggies, 
  • under 1500mg sodium/day 
  • Log all my food each day 
  • Drink 16oz water/day  
Exercise:
  • Exercise 6 days a week for at least 30 min. 5 days cardio and 3 days strength exercises. 
  • Walk at least 3 times/week starting with distance of 2 miles and ending with distance of 4 miles 
  • Walk 5K on July 8. 
  • Record all fitness time in journal 
I've decided to not put an amount I want to lose as a goal. It's never what it turns out to be and just sets me up for failure. I will continue to eat and do the things I should be doing and the weight will take care of itself at the rate it chooses. Everyone's body is different. I have been consistently losing each week and I will celebrate every loss no matter how small and every no gain is a victory. I am coming to realize that the longer this journey takes the stronger I will become and the more I will learn. I have always enjoyed learning and this is no different. A new favorite quote of mine is by Eartha Kitt. "I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma."

Personal:
  • Have a depression emergency plan finished and in place. This is an idea I came up with for the time I start to sink into a lasting depression. I don't mean the occasional "down" day, but the "life ending" times that creep up and sap all desire to live right out of you. I haven't had one for 6 months, but I need to be prepared for the time it rears its ugly head, or should I say, bows its weary head. 
  • Start my own Weight Challenge group here in my home. 
  • Find and attend a weekly women's Bible Study. 
  • Write a twice weekly blog and a weekly motivational email. 
Have a good month everyone, and keep smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment