Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Waiting for the Weight

Today I read a blog by Teeny Bikini and in looking at her page I was just amazed at her energy and attitude. In reading through some of her comments I realized that I have taken my focus off LIFE and put it on "The Diet" and "The Scale" and the dreaded "Mirror". All those items and ideas are basically facing inwards and when I do that, I can start getting dizzy and just plain ditzo.

Where should our focus be if not on our inner demons? I am pasting this quote I got off Teeny Bikini's page.

"Are you stuck in your head worrying about the flab on your arms, the pimple in the middle of your forehead or the cellulite that keeps hanging around on the back of your thighs again?
Listen, Hon. You don't need to lose those "last 10 pounds." You don't even really need to worry about eating more greens or less fat or more fruit.

You need to throw the doors wide open to Life! You need to let Light and Love and Limitlessness flood into your world again. They were there once but someone said you couldn't or shouldn't or didn't have what it took so you started worrying about pimples instead of passions, dress sizes instead of dreams.

Food is just the fuel you need for that gorgeous machine you're moving around in, but you... you feed on Life.

Go for a walk today, and let the colors and sounds and smells of spring feed you.

Nourish yourself with the idea that the people walking past you are perfect in every way and that you are the smokin' hot reflection of the things you think, feel and believe in.

Feast on the idea that the thing more important than the bulge of your belly is your belief in the goodness of others.

There are children being born with cancer, families taking cover from bombs and poor men begging for food in the street.

The world needs women with the courage to love in the face of adversity. Start with yourself."

I have really forgotten to focus on the Fun in Life and Dreaming my Dreams.  

Forget that!

Living my Dreams!!!

Don't wait for the weight to start LIVING. Seize your life by the reins and give it a good kick in the flanks and see how far and how fast you can go.

My challenge to myself and anyone else who would care to join me is to do something this weekend that you have been wanting to do but have been waiting for the weight. Like, wearing a bathing suit in public and enjoying the water/beach; going to a dance club and dancing; asking "that guy" out for dinner; buying some sexy lingerie for that DH or significant other.

You decide. I will be wearing my swimsuit at the beach all weekend and playing in the surf and having a blast!! What will you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment